Here is the plan from our County that is still under review by Oregon Health Authority… it is long and will take time to load.
Also… at a high level, these are state-wide requirements for retail stores once approval has been given to re-open:
Retail stores that can reopen under Phase 1 of Reopening Oregon will be required to:
- Limit the number of customers in the retail store and focus on maintaining at least six (6) feet of distance between people and employees in the store. Store management should determine maximum occupancy to maintain at least six (6) feet of physical distancing, considering areas of the store prone to crowding (like aisles) and limit admittance accordingly.
- Post clear signs (available at healthoregon.org/coronavirus) listing COVID-19 symptoms, asking employees and customers with symptoms to stay home, and listing who to contact if they need assistance.
- Use signs to encourage physical distancing.
- Frequently clean and sanitize work areas, high-traffic areas, and commonly touched surfaces in both customer/public and employee areas of the store. Wipe down changing room door knobs, walls and seating between each time they are used by a customer.
- Require all employees to wear cloth, paper or disposable face coverings. Businesses must provide cloth, paper or disposable face coverings for employees.
Personally, if stores do not meet these requirements, I will complain to the management then shop elsewhere. Our health is more important. This isn’t a political game.
Read more of the latest report here.