Some say Trump looked presidential in his first public speech to Congress. I say, judge a person by what he does and not by what he says. He is a master manipulator. Let’s keep our eye on the ball. Are his policies hurting people and violating our basic human rights? Has he been truthful to the American people or not? I think you know the answers. Then join with me in a united campaign within the Democratic Party to Resist!
Let’s use this page to vent, to brainstorm, to plan many forms of positive social and political action. If you want to work with us, please leave your comments at the end of this blog entry.
Here is powerful statement and video by Keith Olbermann: “Racist Donald Trump…” Check this out here:
Hope to see many of you at our next meeting of Josephine Country Democrats: March 14, 129 NW “E” St, Grants Pass @ 6:30 PM. David Smith from Indivisible will be our main speaker.
Last but not lease, keep in mind there are many ways to Resist. Here are some important links you might find useful:
- ACLU People Power: https://www.peoplepower.org/
- Progressive Change Committee: https://www.boldprogressives.org/
- Rogue Indivisible: https://rogueindivisible.org/contact
- Resist Calendar: https://www.resistancecalendar.org/
- Michael Moore’s 10 point plan: https://t.co/dLyHoZgffP
- National Popular Vote: http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/
- Common Cause: http://www.commoncause.org/
- Resist Meetup Medford: https://www.meetup.com/Resist-Medford-OR/
- Resist Meetup Ashland: https://www.meetup.com/Resist-Ashland/
- Josephine County Progressives Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340945592594557/
- 19 Ways to Resist on Twitter: https://t.co/4PryHORFR7
- Health Care for All Oregon: http://hcao.org/
- Nature Conservancy: https://support.nature.org/
- Center for Food Safety Trump Watch: https://www.cfstrumpwatch.org/
- Connecting citizens to their legislators via quick swipe of their phones: https://dailyaction.org/
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
March 1, 2017 @ 6:02 pm
Day 1 of door knocking: I knocked on 19 doors (and searched, fruitlessly, for four addresses) in three Cave Junction neighborhoods,. In several cases there was no one home, but I left a flyer in the door, or the person I was looking for wasn’t home but I left a flyer with someone else in the household. There were several people who had moved, and one who had died. But here are the takeaways that most impressed me:
• The tiny percentage of “Democratic doors” as compared to all doors in a given neighborhood. I highly doubt that all the rest are Republicans. But I do suspect that we have a lot of unaffiliated residents. BIG QUESTION: What are the reasons for their decision to remain unaffiliated? One household member spoke of his disgust with “all of them.” Is that a common reason? And even if it is, WHY that sense of disgust?
• The poverty. People living on the economic edge. There were middle class homes too. And there are entire neighborhoods that are better off, such as the Hanby Subdivision. But just the same. Lots and lots of poverty.
March 1, 2017 @ 6:20 pm
I just got an email from Mara Lambert letting me know they are only letting people into the CJ Indivisible group whom they know. Probably wise, and something we might want to be cognizant of with respect to the Resist Committee.
March 1, 2017 @ 9:13 pm
Really appreciate your comments Anita. You rock! There is more apathy and disillusionment in America than we realize. Too many people are living on the edge. But we can stand united and put love-into-action today. Thank you for your commitment and hard work. “We shall overcome…!”
March 1, 2017 @ 9:31 pm
Good work, Anita! The poverty is heartbreaking. But this could be an opportunity to get people to register to vote. Did people say they weren’t registered? I believe there are applications at the post office or they can be downloaded online. Maybe you could leave one with the flyer?
March 2, 2017 @ 7:52 am
Thanks for posting Nancy. Hope you will join our committee. Have a wonderful week…Gary
March 2, 2017 @ 8:29 am
The people I’m visiting are all registered Democrats. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they vote.
March 3, 2017 @ 3:05 pm
To all who want to Resist: Please consider joining Rogue Indivisible. Together we can do amazing things. https://rogueindivisible.org/contact
March 4, 2017 @ 12:19 pm
Friends: You might want to check out The Progressive Change Committee too. Remember the importance of networking with established groups: https://www.boldprogressives.org/
March 5, 2017 @ 5:11 pm
Okay Friends: Here is some cool information from AClU’s People Power training. Please sign up if you can make it: “On March 11, the ACLU is holding a Resistance Training. This event will launch People Power, the ACLU’s new effort to engage grassroots volunteers across the country and take the fight against Donald Trump’s policies not just into the courts, but into the streets. We’re organizing grassroots events in communities across the country to watch the livestream together. Please join us!
Sign up to learn more about People Power and the Resistance Training livestream on March 11 at 5pm ET. We’ll follow up with you about opportunities to volunteer and attend events near you.”
Freedom Cities Plan – Josephine County Democrats
April 4, 2017 @ 2:02 pm
[…] Resist […]